Identification by Belgian e-ID card
– Identify yourself with your Belgian e-ID card (you need an e-ID card reader)
– Your SIM will be immediately registered
Identification by online reload
– Identify yourself by doing an online reload (please DO NOT register with a smartphone or tablet but with a regular computer).
– It’s very simple: just reload your SIM-card with Bancontact, Visa, MasterCard or Paypal.
– And you’ll be identified through the bank transaction.
– Your SIM will be immediately registered and ready for use.
New legislation for prepaid cards
The Federal Government has approved a measure aimed at removing the anonymity of prepaid calling cards. Carrefour, in consultation with the major Belgian telecom operators, fully supports this safety measure.
Why? Lifting the anonymity of prepaid calling cards is part of a series of antiterrorist measures. By doing so, intelligence agencies and safety services will be able to quickly identify users of prepaid calling cards.
What has changed? Since 17/12/2016, your new prepaid card gets only activated after your identification. The new cards are (of course) readily available at your local Carrefour store and can be easily activated on our website.